Touch Screen FAQ
1. What kind of operating system (OS) does the touch (PenMount) support?
PenMount supports all popular Operation System that includes Windows, Linux and QNX.
2. Why is the cursor not accurate after restarted WinCE system?
Base on WinCE system, all of the calculation and data registry are in RAM. The WinCE does not store the data form RAM to storage device automatically, so that calibration data will be lose if system is restart. Please refer to the method below to resolve this problem:
For PenMount 9000 device: 1. DMC9000 newly design firmware and driver that supports -- “calibration data save to EEPROM” function. You can use new firmware C2.2, C2.3, E2.2, E2.3 with WinCE 4.2 driver Ver2.1 or WinCE 5.0 driver Ver 1.0 to resolve the problem 2. If you can not change the firmware and driver into new version, you can refer to the method of : Store Registry while getting [store on the device], or method that operating, please consult Microsoft MSDN website prove and working technique, Windows CE Platform Builder of Help, how to store Registry to get [store on the device]
For PenMount 5000 device: Store Calibration Data while getting [store on the device ], method that operate please consult Microsoft MSDN website prove and working technique, Windows CE Platform Builder of Help, how to store Register to get [store on the device ]
For PenMount 6000 device: 6000 series, will store Calibration Data in 6000 Controller automatically
Store Registry to the list of references to invite to Microsoft MSDN websites: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcedsn40/html/cgconselectingregistryforyourdevice.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcedsn40/html/cmrefWriteRegistryToOEM.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcedsn40/html/cmrefreadregistryfromoem.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcemain4/html/cmconRegistryFunctions.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceobjst/html/cerefRegFlushKey.asp
Windows CE Platform Builder Help working technique 1. Open platform builder 2. Select [Help ], click and fetch [Search] 3. Enter [RegFlushKey ] having all right inquiry of materials in blank China key.
3. I have installed the PenMount driver, but touch is not function. How can I do?
1. Please refer PenMount driver installation guide and verify if there is something wrong during the process of driver installation. You can find the installation guide on driver CD or website. 2. Before you want to install PenMount driver, please make sure that PenMount controller was been connected to PC. In addition, when the PenMount controller was connected to PC, Windows will detect new HID / USB device at “Device Manager” 3. Base on Windows 98 and 98SE operating systems, the system will require you inserting Windows setup CD and install the Windows HID device driver in advance. After Windows HID device driver be installed, PenMount USB driver just can be execute successfully. 4. If above methods can not resolve your problem, please contact us directly: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Why is the cursor not accurate after installed PenMount Driver?
When you installed the PenMount driver at first time , you have to do the calibration process. PenMount driver offers two solutions to the calibrate function.